Hamptonians Keeping Hampton StrongThe 2013 fiscal year is coming to an end, here are five remarkable accomplishments that have taken place this year at “Our Home by the Sea.”
- HU Senior Kayla Lee received the 2013 Gilliam Fellowship for Advanced Study from Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Lee will continue her education in biology at Harvard University in the fall.
- The HU School of Science began a nanoscience concentration to engage students in nanoscience education and research with international partners.
- The HU Pirates have won five MEAC championships since January, women’s basketball for the fourth year in a row and MEAC championships in women’s indoor track and field, men and women’s outdoor track and field, and softball.
- Thanks to alumni contributions, HU celebrated the grand opening of our new dining hall in September.
- During the recent Reunion/Commencement Weekend 2013, nearly 1,000 Hamptonians returned to reunite with classmates and give of their treasure in support of the University’s mission, programs and our outstanding students.
- Thus far this year, Hampton University’s generous alumni have contributed over $1.2 million to student scholarships; however, we still need your support.
- HU provides more than $15 million to student scholarships annually.
- The contributions of alumni increase the value of a Hampton University degree.
- No gift is too small and every gift helps make “Hampton Strong.”
Please send your gift, of any size, to your “Home by the Sea” by June 30, 2013.
To donate visit donateto.hamptonu.edu