Thursday, May 5, 2016

Jamal Bailey is set to carry the Hampton legacy into the world of business

Hampton University Class of 2016  #Hamptongrad16


The Hampton University Class of 2016 is ready to soar. The graduates will don their caps and gowns on May 8, 2016 and join the ranks of thousands of Hampton University alumni making an impact all over the world. This blog series will feature a different member of Class of 2016 during Commencement week.  



Jamal Bailey is set to carry the Hampton legacy into the world of business 

Jamal Bailey plans to take the skills he's learned in the Hampton University School of Business 5 year MBA program to build a legacy and be a role model for future Hamptonians after graduation May 8.

Bailey, a native of Oxon Hill, Maryland, has accepted an offer from Morgan Stanley, where upon receiving his license will be a wealth advisor associate. He will focus on investment strategy for clients in the Maryland area. Bailey credits the MBA program with not only preparing him to be a part of the business world but also to immediately make an impact. 

"Under the direction of Dean Dr. Sid Credle the MBA program has prepared me to go toe to toe with business students from anywhere in the world," said Bailey.  "The skills that we develop match that of Ivy League school or other institution. We are prepared to do more than participate in the work force but to advance to places of leadership and execute. I learned the most through our chess and kendo classes. Chess class taught me how to think moves ahead, read behavior and predict movement and personality engagement. Kendo taught me how to think on my toes and be flexible, which is the essence of business." 

Bailey credits his tenure at Hampton University with educating him on the importance of setting a proper example for others and investing back into one's community to leave it in a better place than he found it. 

"I thank Hampton University for helping make me that man I am today," said Bailey. "Coming in Fall 2011, I was solely focused on playing football and my grades, not so much in reinvesting into the community. Moving into my sophomore year I understood the importance of leadership and wanted to make an impact by leaving Hampton better than I found it. I hope that my involvement with organizations including serving as President of the Gamma Epsilon chapter of Omega Psi Ph Fraternity Inc., President of the HU chapter of the National Black MBA Association, President of HU's National Pan-Hellenic Council, Greer Dawson Wilson Student Leadership Program, and serving as an ambassador for this amazing institution will leave a legacy for other students to follow."  



- M. A. White '10

2 comments:

  1. This university of pennsylvania entrance requirements are doing work by the way of the students. It is commendable post related to universities. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visit an update news about Gunadarma University Click here.

    ReplyDelete